Friday, June 17, 2011

Kelsey | Inspiration by Leanne Allinson

Hi Everyone!  Leanne here today to share some ideas using the gorgeous Kelsey kit, in 8.5" x 11" layouts.

This kit has an amazing variety of patterned paper and of course, most definitely boy orientated! LOL!  I have chosen to combine the use of the primary colours featured on a layout about my youngest school age son.

Ethan is in his first year of school and his Prep class was very recently involved in Under 8's Week.  Both of the layouts here, feature some of the photos taken that day.  I created the "Inquisitive" layout to document his nature...and it sure came to light during the educational process, that was Under 8's!!!  :D

"Inquisitive"


When creating this layout, I had a full sheet of American Crafts thickers to play with (included in the kit).  However, I wanted to use alphas that were both upper and lower case.  As the thickers are all in Capital letters, I had to get inventive! LOL!  I have used the #1's as letter i's and the letter "Q" is put together using the zero and a hyphen.



The fabric cogs in the kit were an added bonus to this page as I am constantly wondering how the boy's mind ticks over!  hee hee...

In my second layout, I wanted to document the generalities about the open day at school.  It is a simple layout but effectively documents the facts and the fun we had that day.

"Under 8's"




The soft colour palette allows focus to fall on the journalling but I have added some fun elements as well, in the form of the pinwheel and star printed banner.

I hope I can offer some inspiration for you today.  Thanks for visiting..x

No comments:

Post a Comment