Saturday, June 18, 2011

How to | using pinwheel flowers

You be forgiven if you thought the latest kit from Storyboard Kits was just for scrapping boys.  It has a wonderful arrangement of boyish products that are perfect for the men in your lives. :)  But I thought I'd challenge myself and create a layout featuring my daughter and flowers!!!



It was simple enough to take the Basic Grey pinwheels and add a stitched stem to the layout.

To add the stem, mark in pencil the length you require and then pre-pierce the paper with a needle or paper piercer.  (I use the splinter remover from our first aid kit!!)  Pierce the paper by eyeballing the stitch lengths.  Alternatively, you can measure the exact stitch lengths you would like by using a ruler.  Back stitch using embroidery thread and a colour that matches your layout.


The Bo Bunny wraps were also used as rolled flowers and as touch of bling to the top corner.  The colours I've chosen have an outdoorsy feel but were softened using "vanilla" ink and distressing around the edges of the main patterned paper.


And there you have it.  A "girly" layout....x

No comments:

Post a Comment