Friday, May 13, 2011

Jarvis | Inspiration by Leanne Allinson

Jarvis not only comes with new and fabulous patterned paper lines but, this kit is also crammed full of wonderful little bits and pieces! The embellishments, such as twine, buttons and brads definitely contribute to the finishing touches of layouts. And I have added and layered my layouts to near death with them! LOL! Fortunately, I don't think they look too crowded. :)

I like to cluster my embellishments to create a feeling of white space on my smaller sized pages. Layering under and over the top of photos also helps to draw the eye. The tickets used on the layout above were hand-cut from the Fancy Pants patterned paper and used on all three of the layouts featured here.

The Basic Grey label stickers are also a great way to embellish a layout. Of course, they are perfect for journaling but I like to think outside the box sometimes and use label stickers to highlight photos and other elements on a layout.

Clustering embellishments below photos also helps to anchor them in the space provided on the layout. The delicate colours of the doily, butterfly, twine and ticket patterned paper combine to compliment the photos of my daughter and still allow the photos to be the main focus.

An extra tip for clustering embellishments is to use foam tape. Not only does it give depth to the embellishments you are using, but it helps layer them much easier! ;)

Leanne..x

No comments:

Post a Comment