Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jarvis | Inspiration by Kim Arnold

Hi, Kim here to share my layouts using the beautiful April Kit, Jarvis.

My first layout uses some of the fabric from the kit to make this cute little rolled fabric flower. The frame is also used to ground the photos - but not as a traditional frame as the photos flow over one side.


In my second layout I fussy cut a number of flowers from the beautiful Glitz rose paper which I tucked under and layered over various other elements. I also cut another of the playing cards out (which I used as embellishments on nearly all of my layouts this month).

For my third layout I made a lollipop flowers by layering the various fabrics, hessian and pattern paper in the kit. I will have a tutorial on making these flowers in a later post. I also used the doily to create another flower. The velvet leaves included in the kit just finished this cluster off perfectly.


For my final layout, I used lots of the bits and bobs that I still had left from the kit. All of the diecuts I inked lightly to give a softer look. I fussy cut more flowers which I tucked under the tear at the top as well as layering around the journaling card. I also utilised the three on the patterned paper that the photo is matted on and the House of Three logo from one of the paper salvage strips to reinforce the theme of my page. The final finishing touch is the twine which is used to link the 3 on the patterned paper to the punched hearts in the bottom right corner. I just used dabs of wet glue to hold the twine in place. Lots of inking on this layout too.

This kit was just so easy to use. I loved it and my layouts all came together so quickly and easily. Thanks Lisa!

Cheers
Kim

3 comments:

  1. WOW! WEE! Kim.... So Much Gorgeousness here!!! I just love what you have done on each LO.....
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layouts Kim! Love all the handmade flowers and the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete