Thursday, January 13, 2011

How-to | stretch your supplies

Today's tip comes from Crystal...

The blue journaling card in the “Giselle” kit is so versatile and easy to use in different ways! First I cut a journaling tag from it by using the green shipping tag as a template. Once I had stuck it to my page, I hand-wrote some journaling on it.
I then decided to print some more journaling onto it by running it through the printer and printing directly onto it. I then cut my journaling into strips and stuck it on my layout. This is the perfect way to add a personal touch on your page without the stress if you don’t like your own handwriting. Adding a bit of doodling around the strips can add a little interest too!
Finally with the last scraps of it I had left, I stuck a piece in the top corner to write my date on. Along with a piece of the “barcode” from one of my pattern papers and a little bit of the twine, it made a perfect little cluster to finish the page off.
Here's the final result...
There are so many more uses for such a simple item and the possibilities are endless. I would love to see what else you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment