Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Morgan | Guest designer...Renee Miller

This month, I invited Renee Miller to be a Storyboard Kits guest designer...let's meet her...

Tell us about yourself...
My Name is Renee Miller and am a proud mother to two boys, Jack- 6 and Nayte -3, I live near Wollongong, and enjoy a many creative relationships with many scrap bookers from the local area and beyond. I am mostly a social scrapper, going to many local crops and retreats throughout the year.

Why did you start scrapbooking in the first place?
Like many people I attended a crop, and immediately become hooked!!, spending much time and Money, on this awesome craft. It was not only the paper and glue that got me hooked but the lovely ladies that I spend time with keep me coming back for more!!

What is your favourite technique to use on your layouts?
At the moment I am really enjoying using layering, paint and stamping on my layouts. Creating depth without overwhelming the photo is my overall goal, making the photo the hero of the page! And preserving the fact that we are trying to tell a story.

Who or what influences your scrapbooking?
The things that Influence my scrapbooking are mostly the people around me, I love doing challenges, sketches and colour palettes, mixing it up a little to make it mine. People often say that I use contrast a lot in my layouts.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Renee scraps both 8.5x11 and 12x12 layouts, and she's created a couple of both sizes with this month's kit. Let's check out her work!

First up, and 8.5x11 layout. Renee has trimmed down the purple cardstock for her base, then layered strips of contrasting patterned paper and lace ribbon down the length.  Simple hand stitching frames the corners of her photo and layout. This layout could easily be converted to 12x12.

Next up, another 8.5x11. This time, Renee has trimmed down a sheet of patterned paper, then misted over the top of the chipboard clouds to customise her background. Love the cluster of buttons and butterflies in the left hand corner, and the twine flourish Renee has fixed to her layout with tiny staples.

For this 12x12 layout, Renee has fussy-cut out the hexagon pattern, and added them to a misted patterned base. Each of the hexagons has been doodled with a freehand border for extra interest.

Last, but certainly not least, Renee has created this lovely layout her and her husband. The soft floral patterned paper base has been given a little extra zing by doodling over the pattern with a black fine tip pen. Renee has also traced around the stickers and lettering to give them more definition.

Great layouts Renee! Thanks for joining us this month.

Cheers, Lis.

Storyboard Kits

3 comments: