Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jarvis | Inspiration by Lisa Warren

On Friday night, I got to play with my Jarvis kit again. I swear, this is the most value I've ever gotten out of a kit, with only a couple of scraps of paper left over. I completely used a sheet of Basic Grey stickers over the seven layouts...yes, seven!  Here's the last three...

For this layout, I have added strips of Fancy Pants paper over the Pink Paislee base. This colour scheme suits black and white photos perfectly. The Basic Grey stickers have been raised up on foam tape.  Thick black marker has been used for the doodled border...a thin one just wouldn't have added enough drama...lol.

Colourful strips of Fancy Pants paper cover the dotty background. To emulate the strips, I have used the strips leftover from the Glitz Design mini letters...love the glossy finish! A little white gel pen around the outside frames the layout.

Its not often I use a plain cardstock background, and to add a little more interest, I have added a random pattern of dots using the bonus Crafters Workshop template found in this months kit. I have created a lollipop flower using the burlap, fabric and dress makers pattern paper.  The title of this layout comes from the lyrics of a Bruno Mars song. If ever you're stock, turn to a song for inspiration!
There you have it. One kit, seven layouts.  Head on over to the Storyboard store to pick up a kit for yourself.

Cheers, Lis.

No comments:

Post a Comment